Gary D. Halbert, President; Halbert Wealth Management

Call us at 800-348-3601  •  Contact Us

Between the Lines - Gary's blog

HWM Legacy Core Portfolio Illustrations

Legacy LogoWhen reviewing the actively managed investment alternatives presented by Halbert Wealth Management, investors often ask how these various core holdings would have performed had they been grouped into a single portfolio. The Legacy Core Portfolio Illustrations seek to answer that question by combining the actual historical track records of various combinations of money managers into a composite hypothetical portfolio. 

The Legacy Core Portfolios illustrate the potential benefits of combining uncorrelated investment strategies for enhanced diversification. The money management programs making up the components of the Legacy Core Portfolios are core holdings that feature both debt and equity exposure as well as a variety of active management strategies. The results are “what if” portfolios that allow investors to evaluate not only potential gains, but also how the strategies work together to manage risks. Since returns do not illustrate an actual account, investors should understand that past performance does not necessarily represent future investment returns.

Legacy Core Income

The goal of this combination is to provide an opportunity for investors seeking income through the use of conservative growth and moderate growth active investments. 60% of the portfolio is allocated to the Wellesley Limited Risk Investing Program, a strategy that uses fundamental analysis to identify individual convertible bonds worthy of investment. The remaining 40% is allocated to Measured Risk Portfolios Consumer Linked Income Portfolio (CLIP) with a portfolio of primarily consumer staples stocks with a history of rising dividends. Read more >>

Legacy Core Balanced

The goal of the Legacy Core Balanced portfolio is to produce absolute returns by smoothing out gains and reducing risk at the portfolio level. 60% of the portfolio is allocated to the Wellesley Limited Risk Investing Program, a strategy that uses fundamental analysis to identify individual convertible bonds worthy of investment. The remaining 40% is allocated to YCG Investments’ Concentrated Composite Strategy, a value-style approach that seeks to identify individual stocks selling at a discount to their future expected returns. Read more >>

Legacy Core Equity

This hypothetical performance illustration reflects a combination of two different Investment Advisors using two different strategies, split equally. The first strategy is Niemann Capital Management Risk Managed. This strategy invests only in domestic equity ETFs. It can be fully invested, partially in cash or completely in cash. The second strategy is the YCG Composite Strategy. This strategy invests in a carefully selected portfolio of stocks that its value style analysis indicates are priced below their intrinsic value. YCG does not go to cash. There is no bond or international exposure in this portfolio. Read more >>

Legacy Customized for You

We can also design a Legacy combination that Halbert Wealth specifically creates for you based on your own unique needs and risk tolerances. There are dozens of combinations of individual programs that can be blended together into a customized portfolio. Your Investment Consultant will analyze your current financial situation and future needs and create a combination designed to help you reach your goals. With the wide variety of strategies, risk levels and investment products in our AdvisorLink® Program, we can create a Legacy portfolio that’s right for you.

Request investor kit

Click here to view Legacy video.
 >> Gary's Weekly E-Letter

>> Investor Resources
Subscribe to Gary's blog Between the Lines
Watch a Webinar recording featuring one of our Advisors
Download one of our latest Special Reports
Watch an educational Video on investments
Home  •  Subscribe to Newsletter  •  Webinars  •  Forms  •  ADV  •  Disclosures  •  Privacy Policy  •  Contact Us

Toll Free: 800.348.3601  •  info@halbertwealth.com

Investments discussed are not guaranteed and involve risk of loss. Be sure to read all important disclosures
before making a decision to invest. Past performance is not necessarily indicative of future results.
Halbert Wealth Management, Inc. © 2017. All rights reserved.